Sunday, September 5, 2010

TANGO & NON-TANGO...

I went to Santa Barbara this weekend with my non-tango friends... to get some fresh air and change my depressive mood...

There was even a milonga on saturday, but I didn't go in order to experience a night out with friends and to see If I missed the night life scene (since I feel that I lost my dedication to tango...again)

My night started with the whole explanation of how we dance tango to my friends.....

My friends are little bit frustrated because they don't see me often, and they hate tango because of that and make fun of it....

Then, they want to learn what social dancing is but unfortunately they have no idea and they are clearly underestimating the power of Tango....

and the catch up night started with their dozen questions...

I couldn't even explained my friends the difference between milonga(the song one) and the event one...I gave up to explain after 15 minutes...They don't get it...

and then they jumped to "dancing with the stars" which I have clearly no idea what it is...( a little)

and then, we got couple shots and my favorite question came up...

SHOW US SOME MOVES......TEACH ME...

THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON...

We went to two different bars and drank etc...

I enjoyed it however...

I kinda realized that I should keep tango to myself and try to balance things out...Because this way, I don't want to hang out my friends... and the distance keeps growing

the worst part was that,

all women seemed not attractive because most of them were waisted...I think Tango makes women powerful and I like that a lot...

rather than

can I get your number?

where do you live?

which car do you have?...

at some point, I was thinking about the creepiest guy or woman in tango, and they even seemed to be pleasant...ahahahahaha....

Not Really...

At the end of the night, I was really happy that

I have Tango in my life

But I think that Tango should be remarked...Most of the people have no idea what is going on and many people are missing this incredible way of living...Most importantly, they have the wrong picture of Tango...

I don't like that...

2 comments:

  1. Got some of my friends to go with me sometimes to have a drink to a milonga in BA. Just sit and talk. Some of them kind of like it now, and they visit me when they feel like it :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfrotunately, there are few places in LA...I totally get what you are saying and I think it is a great way...but I think I will be worried about them too much if they are having fun or not and will not enjoy my dance...

    I am following you too

    ReplyDelete