Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Seremetando....An Italian Tango Experience.....

I came to Turkey two weeks ago and wasn't able to dance for a week because of many reasons....Since I didn't see my family for so long, I didn't go out dancing...and my non tango friends wanted to see me all the time... They don't really get tango and some make fun of my passion...do i really care?...no...so I decided to go to milongas secretly and not answered my phone...

Since I knew that Choco Tango Festival in Perugia was happening, I decided to join my friends Antonella and Giuseppe... Instead of having an affair with tango in Istanbul, I wanted to have an Italian Tango Experience...(Seremetando)

I have to first mention that my friend Giuseppe and Tiziana are great hosts....pleasure to know them...very grateful to each of them...
I met Giuseppe in San Francisco. He visited Los Angeles with Antonella and spent a weekend at my place. We had amazing time... and I met Tiziana in Perugia...she is a friend of Antonella, who has a great spirit..I stayed with Giuseppe in Rome and Tiziana in Bologna...I am grateful to them for sharing their home with me, but more importantly their friendship...

Antonella, Giuseppe, Tiziana...you are wonderful people....

I don't believe in comparison and want to experience different things in life....
I believe in experiences....
that is why, I will not compare dancing in Italy to other places..

My first milonga was "Milonga Dei Serpenti" (an art gallery..) since I didn't dance for two weeks, I was rusty..Being rusty makes you to not have your confidence... You feel an unnecessary lack of confidence... That is what happened to me...the first hour was slow, and i started to feel the eyes on me saying that (who the hell are you..weirdo...)
Giuseppe started introducing me to people and that helped me loose my unnecessary nervous...
Rome is beautiful, full of history and friendly people...that also reflected in tango...

After Rome, we went to Perugia where the Choco tango festival was happening... It is a small city and famous with it's chocolate...yum yum yum...I met many people at the festival...first, it is cool that you are from somewhere else but later, it is painful to not know their language since some don't know any other language than Italian....
They made me feel special, important and full of life...great energy...
Especially when my name became basham thassam, shazam..ahahaha
But I kept it simple...you...tango...bellisimo...and i got lots of smiles...that was enough...more than enough...

Italian women are beautiful and very good dancers...they are humble and their embrace is full of passion....unbelievable.....
Their positive attitudine made me to be brave and stranger enough to dance with everybody that I wanted...some were teachers... some were beginners...but all of them were passionate dancers...
I also decided to dance in Firenze and Bologna....met wonderful people....
In every train, I wrote, thought, listened to my favorite orchestras and made many decisions regarding my life...

Italy was a tango trip for me but I made me think a lot about my life...It is not just tango, it is a lifestyle..(thinking of Vladi's beautiful passage on tangoinla.com) makes you think, realize and apply to your life...Now I know why people loves to dance in Italy..But also why people are traveling by themselves...that was first but not the last..

I lived in the United states, Turkey, visited Europe many times and I met many people who always compare things. How one is better than others or such an such...(excluding lovely people that I know...yes you are one of people that I like....a lot) One would agree or not but I strongly believe that a person who compare things is an unhappy person...that person is somebody who lost it's passion to life and to people in his or her life...do yourself a favor and stop doing it....

One thing didn't get change after this trip....how I don't care about people's religion and genders...how I believe in beautiful people inside and out:)...how the level of dancing is a plus and pleasant factor but not the foundation of a friendship...how tango is passion that I want to keep it to my self but will share the beauty of it with people....

And will always

Appreciate every level of dancing and believe in pure friendship...

Seremetando....

1 comment: